Practice Areas

Non-Immigrant Business Visas

San Jose, California Non-immigrant Business Visa Lawyer

If you are a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States for business or employment reasons and stay from several months to several years, contact California non-immigrant business visa lawyer Marcine Seid.  We will help you determine which classification of non-immigrant business visa is best suited for you.  We also will prepare all of the legal documents along with supporting evidence for submission to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).  The CIS was formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
Non-immigrant visas are authorized with a specific end date, after which you would be required to return to your home country. Extensions are available.  Nonimmigrant visas can also become the basis for a permanent work visa, known as an Employment-Based Immigrant Visa or green card.

Here is an overview of the eight classifications of non-immigrant business visas:

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa
The H-1B is a nonimmigrant classification is used by a foreign citizen who will be employed temporarily in a specialty occupation. H-1B status requires a sponsoring U.S. employer. Under current law, H-1B visas are granted for up to three years initially, with extensions available to a maximum of six years.

TN Entry under NAFTA Visa
The TN non-immigrant visas are granted to Canadians and Mexican Nationals under the American Free Trade Act (NAFTA). TN visas are granted for up to one year at a-time, with one-year extensions available.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa
The L-1 visa is used by multinational companies who want to temporarily transfer key employees to the United States. L-1 visas are granted for a maximum of  three years initially, with one-year extensions for a maximum of seven years.

B-1 Business Visitor Visa
The B-1 visitor visa is used by people who want to conduct temporary business in the United States. B-1 visas are granted for a short period of time, generally from one to six months. Extensions are available. B-1 visas do not allow you to work for an employer in the United States.

O-1 Alien of Extraordinary Ability Visa
The 0-1 visa is used by people who are at the top of their field in the sciences, education, business, athletics or the arts.  The applicant must have a sponsoring employer. There is no specific limitation on the period of stay.

P – Artist / Athlete / Entertainer Visa
The P visa is used by professional artists, athletes and entertainers who want to come to the United States to perform for a sponsor or an employer. P visas are granted for up to five years, with extensions available.

E - Treaty Trader / Investor visa
The E visa is used by citizens of countries that have a qualifying trade treaty with the United States. E visas can be granted for up to five years initially, with extensions available.

R-1 Religious Worker visa
R-1 visas are typically granted between one to three years with extensions available to a maximum of five years.

For more information, please refer to our Nonimmigrant Work Visa Practice Center.

Discuss your Visa Needs with a Leading U.S. Immigration Attorney:
Call (408) 271-9888

Proudly serving immigrants and employers in the Bay Area of California, including San Jose, Fremont, Sunnyvale, Silicon Valley, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Santa Cruz, Contra Costa, Alameda, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Los Altos, San Mateo and Santa Clara County.

Se Habla Español! Fluent in Mandarin Chinese